Since 2000 Marico has developed an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of the PMSC through conducting port risk assessments, PMSC audits, and port infrastructure projects and adjust its approach to take into account the 2009 PMSC revision. Utilizing the “Salt and Science” approach Marico provides robust scientific solutions based on sound expert knowledge and experience. Marico is unique in its ability to provide this approach, as it values the marriage of sound science and practical experience.
- Set audit performed to requirements of PMSC;
- Detailed and tailored full PMSC audit for major port review;
- Provision of designated person (DP);
- Master mariner/port expert to act as DP;
- External/independent review of a port safety;
- Reporting directly to the port board;
- Independent audit prior to the three yearly statement of PMSC complience to the MCA/DfT.
- Advice to harbour masters and boards can be called upon as requested;
- External/independent review of PMSC items to provide validation to DP; and
- Determination of the need for VTS or local port service (LPS) in accordance with MGN 401.
- Orkney Ports, Forth Ports, Ilfracombe, Jersey Harbours, Cowes, Poole, Isles of Scilly, Newhaven, Great Yarmouth, Belfast.
- Port of Newhaven
- Falmouth (VTS/LPS study)
- Forth Ports (including Forth Estuary, Grangemouth, Dundee, Burntisland, Methil, Leith, Rosyth, Kirkcaldy and Tilbury), Poole.
PMSC risk assessments (or equivalent):
- Port of London Authority, Plymouth, Milford Haven, Larne, Cainryan, Falmouth, Truro, Penzance, Newhaven, Isles of Scilly, Gibraltar, Melbourne, Wellington NZ, etc.